Oh myy, sorry for keeping you awake Michael :). Thanks for your reflections. I
think we agree on most re OST but for sure there is a lot to talk about.

Now I'll go to Pilarne -a great outdoor art excibition. http://pilane.org/
-some people on this list know the place from the Genuine Contact Summer
Academy some years back. That's open space, for sure!
Hugs
Thomas

Skickat från min iPhone

> 18 juli 2017 kl. 00:38 skrev Michael M Pannwitz <mmpannw...@gmail.com>:
>
> I am not at all sure what "we are".
>
> I wonder whether I can be sure what my focus as facilitator in the OST
> context is.
> So far, I felt my focus was to assist the sponsor in finding out whether an
> OST event is in order for whatever it is that he/she wants to do. The
> straightforward approach was to take a look with him whether the 5 or so
> prerequisites for an OST event are in place.
> When that is the case and the event is decide on, the sponsor opens the space
> for the event to take place. I have never heard a sponsor talk about
> "emergence". Sponsors always wanted that some headway is made in a wicked
> situation for which nobody had a solution so far.
> Considering that the force of selforganization is always active but sometimes
> pretty cramped (when various kinds of controls are exerted) it appears to me
> to be less a question of "setting the stage for selforganization" but being
> aware that it has its stage, albeit very small at times, and that it can do
> better by having a bit more time and space to unfold on its stage.
> Focusing selforganization seems to me more in the direction of controlling
> selforganization and that is probably impossible. Even less possible seem to
> me any attempts to have bumblebees feel more empowered to do what I might
> think they ought to do. Its just as futile as working on empowering other
> human beings, especially facing the fact what a hard time I have to empower
> myself.
>
> Yes, I also see/feel/notice/ etc. lots of unexpected and thrilling stuff
> while meandering through an OST event picking up coffee cups or taking a nap,
> oblivious to what direction things go and happily appreciating seeing folks
> follow their passions in structures and processes they themselves create in a
> fashion that no number of facilitators could.
>
> Sleepless in Berlin and finding it great to be tickled into this dialog.
>
> cheers
> mmp
>

>> Am 17.07.2017 um 23:27 schrieb Thomas Herrmann via OSList:
>> Exactly!
>> We are but an instrument assisting the sponsor to open space for emergence.
>> We set the stage for selforganization to happen with a bit more directed
>> focus and bumblebees feel more empowered to flap their wings, stirring
>> energy, creating disturbances and they also contribute with their wisdom.
>> Crosspollination happens while I pick coffee cups. And I get paid for it!
>> Wohooo
>> Thomas
>> Skickat från min iPhone
>>> 17 juli 2017 kl. 22:36 skrev Michael M Pannwitz <mmpannw...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Learn to Open Space for Cross Pollination in Groups?
>>>
>>> And here I keep thinking that
>>>
>>> 1) facilitators dont open space, sponsors do
>>> 2) facilitators introduce OST, humbly