Dne 07/01/2017 v 18:20 Terry Jones napsal(a):

>     Routing is definitely complicated.  OsmAnd will compute routes, and
>     there are some settings to bias the choices, but it is unlikely to
>     generate a pleasing bicyling route compared to a bunch of offline
>     thoughtful planning that's aware of not only elevation but which roads
>     are nice to cycle on vs too trafficy particularly based on time of
>     day.
>

> So it seems a typical way to use OsmAnd for a long carefully-planned
> ride is to use some other app (e.g., RideWithGPS or Strava) for route
> planning, then to load the route onto your phone for navigation.
You may as well want to use BRouter web front-end
http://brouter.de/brouter-web/

> I don't see a convenient way to get GPX routes into the mobile app.
> When I click on the "GPX track..." item from the menu that opens when
> I touch the bike icon (top left), it has a blue button labeled "Add
> track". I click that and my options include (Google) Drive, Images,
> Videos, Audio, Downloads. I could copy a GPX file to Google drive, no
> problem, but I'd rather do things locally. When I add a GPX file to
> the phone's "Download" folder (note singular), it doesn't show up in
> the OsmAnd Downloads area (which is empty). The app tells me I can
> also add tracks to
> /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/net.osmand/files/tracks but I don't
> see how to do that. I have to use AndroidFileTransfer, which doesn't
> show me a top-level /storage directory. It does have top-level
> /Android/data directory, but that does not contain a net.osmand
> directory. So I don't see how to get GPX files into OsmAnd, without
> using Google Drive.
Or the BRouter application generating trhe GPX directly on the phone,
aside of possibility to use it as local offline routing engine.

> I'm looking at Brouter now, thanks. It would be great if it works
> well. I've had disastrous (and sometimes entertaining) experiences
> trying to follow routes made by some apps (like RideWithGPS, which
> uses Google maps AFAIK). The routing leaves a huge amount to be
> desired if you want a reasonably fast route, on roads, that doesn't go
> along stony/muddy forest paths, across empty fields, and a whole
> variety of other oddities... :-)
Currently, nothing beats BRouter in routing for bicycles.
It not only considers elevation profiles,
but is able to thoroughly evaluate road/track suitability
exactly according to wishes of  the routing profile author.

You may want to visit the link in my signature.

--
Poutnik ( The Wanderer )

My Brouter profiles
https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki