On Tuesday, 17 April 2018 17:06:11 UTC+2, Ryan Trullinger wrote:

> I love Osmamd, but I have one big issue, if I let the screen turn off, the
> GPS has to re aquire the sattelites, I am using the app on a LG stylo 2 (LG
> V82). I would like to find out if there is a setting I can change to keep
> this from happening, and see if I can save battery life? Any suggestions?

What system are you running (Android version)?

See, if you have any power saving app running and if yes, get Osmand on
blacklist and if there is setting for gps, this as well.

Poke around system settings - look what gps (location) does offer to you.
If you want, you can poke around developer settings (background apps
settings in particular, see what else is there).
Go into system settings, apps, osmand and see if you have any additional
settings there.

In my case (MIUI), it is necessary to disable power optimalization for the
app and lock the app in memory as well.

If this doesn't help, some of the mentioned apps (gps locker etc.) might be
necessary. These will periodically call for gps so that it doesn't go into
sleep mode.

I have gps on permanently (using it only with selected apps) and the
battery life isn't that bad. Much worse is the screen power consumption
when this is "always on".
If you go with the gps locker app, check a comparison between running this
app with screen off and simply leaving screen on, but on the lowest setting
you can get (perhaps even with some overlay app). Test it for few days -
one day one method, the next day the other one.
I am using this (minimal screen lightness, is almost black) for mapillary -
this app doesn't run in background or with screen off. It does help
immensely and the background gps problem wouldn't come up. The only problem
is to find the invisible taste for auto brightness when I need it on again
:)