Majka is correct. At zoomlevel 11 you are in the worldmap which simply does
not contain this date. It only contains very high-level map data, but no
indexes whatsoever.

Another point is that you (only) look at the default.render.xml. That files
"treats" the available data in how it is displayed.
However, the renderingtypes.xml determines which "map content" is put in
which zoomlevel during map creation. Th at one is not in OsmAnd but
compiled into OsmAndMapCreator.

To do what you want to do means that you need to change BOTH the map
creation as well as the map rendering. And also in this case zoomlevel 12
is the lowest zoomlevel (and possibly recompile OsmAndMapCreator as I'm not
sure whether you can provide a renderingtypes.xml as parameter)

The renderingtypes.xml is used for map creation.
If you look at the renderingtypes.xml on github (
https://github.com/osmandapp/OsmAnd-resources/blob/master/obf_creation/rendering_types.xml#L2900)
for waterway (<category name="waterway">) ,you can see that also on map
creation these items are only added as of zoomlevel 15. They are simpy not
there in lower zoomlevels, so the default.render.xml (or any derived xml)
cannot display "things" that are not there.

Harry