On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 06:45:20AM -0700, Mikhail Kasadzhikov wrote:
Hello.

Some weeks ago I caught a weird bug: osmand proposed me to do a left turn
from the bridge to the road under that bridge. That route was like this:

[image: Screenshot_20190828-162926.png]

I've created the OSM bug but it was closed with "objects are tagged
correctly": https://www.openstreetmap.org/note/1875921

I am a traveler not a mapper and not familiar with tags, properties and so
on. I don't understand: is this a bug in osmand or in the OSM data?

Reply back on your note that the cause is the fact that the way that crosses under the bridge shares a node with the way that crosses over the top of the bridge. The fact that they share nodes says they "connect", which is why OsmAnd thinks you can turn at that node.

Indicate that a local mapper needs to change the ways to not share a node where they cross.