I found some KML files from the USFS that have roads information that isn't
in OSM yet.  It'll take a while before gets into OSM, so for now I'd like
to see if I can add it to my maps in OSMAND?

I took a KML, opened it up in JOSM and Conformed all the tags to OSM
(turned ways into tracks and unclassified highways, set track types and
surfaces).  Then I removed all the non OSM tags and ran it through
validator and then saved it as an OSM file.

I then ran the OSM file through OSMMapCreator.

I copied the files into the root of OSMAND and also in the Tiles folder and
I don't see these new vector maps I created.

Any ideas how I can get this data presented in OSMAND?

If I add these are they additive to the maps already downloaded or are they
replacements for?