I often search in osmand using the OLC code. This is because the
effectiveness of searching by other means, such as a street address, is
often limited by the information that is in OSM and therefore osmand.

I do this by searching in google maps for what I am after and then using
the "plus code" copy and paste that into Search ~ Address~ Coordinates
Search.

But this process is not smooth;

   1. When I open Coordinates Search the field I need to paste in already
   has the current location's OLC. So this has to be deleted.
   2. I paste the google plus code in but this returns "Invalid
   Coordinates".
   3. To make the plus code valid I need to, starting from the right hand
   side of the string delete characters until the algorithm can find the the
   location. But the problem is the pasted string fills up the space so you
   cannot start from the far right but somewhere in the middle, delete enough
   characters to create space at the end and then start deleting from the end.

My intention is to post a feature request in the github site that would
somehow improve this but before I do I thought i would ask others if they
have a better way of searching or indeed improvements to the process I have
listed above.

thanks