My OsmAnd+ updated today.  I was using a separate folder on SD card for my
maps, but it seems that doesn't work any more.  I tried to migrate but
cannot persuade OsmAnd+ to accept folders on main storage.  It mentions
being unable to use shared folders.  I am not clear which set of folders
this is.  Is it all on main storage, or those under Android, or what?

If I start OsmAnd+ and skip migration, download a couple of files, where
are they?

So I am rather stuck.  I can start to download the many maps, wikis,
contours, etc if I really have to, but whenever I start OsmAnd+ it says I
need to migrate but I can't find a way that works. The worst thing is that
I cannot find a way to copy my many dozens of favourites to wherever
OsmAnd+ is now storing files.

I will also have many less maps available, which is a pain.

I appreciate that it's google that has changed the rules, but I need a
simple explanation of what I can and can't do now.