Hi,
once you have selected the profile you like for navigation (i.e. car, bike,
etc.), try checking:

*    [OsmAnd Menu] -> Configure profile -> General settings -> Display
position always in center*

With this, you can choose whether the map will follow the display center
(option enabled) or bottom (disabled)

In order to make the map auto-follow your current position, just look at
the button in the bottom-right of the display (a small circle with
crosshairs): if it's blue-background and white crosshairs, then the map
will stay centered on the view you manually set.
Just tap it, and: it will become white-background with blue crosshairs and
the map will automatically follow your current position (provided you
enabled Location Services and your device is properly receiving GNSS
signal).

Best regards,
Max