Hi,

    we just had a problem with diff updates because someone created
relations with more than 65k members and Osmosis tries to store them as
a char which raised an exception.

I did a quick hack that would simply drop the excessive members with a
warning:

http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/remove_excessive_members.diff

I'm not checking that in.

I thought about simply patching Osmosis to use an integer but was
informed by Jon Burgess that osm2pgsql (which is next in my toolchain)
would carp on > 65k members as well so I didn't bother - especially as
it turned out that the relations in question were an error in somebody's
automated import and have been meanwhile fixed by Lennard (they
contained the same element over and over).

Bye
Frederik