Am 15.12.10 18:12, schrieb Scott Crosby:
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Henning Scholland
<h.scholl...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
Sorry Scott, but I'm using a 64bit Win with a 64bit java. Also I worked with
pbf-files larger than 5GB (uncompressed europe.pbf for example) in the past
without problems. So I think it isn't a problem of filesize.

A 32-bit problem with EOF's would appear to explain why Chris is
getting 17216000 nodes in his output. His input file is about 160mb
longer than 4gb. If I truncate off the same 160mb, I get the same
number of nodes in my output. Your problem appears different but may
or may not be related.

I have no problems using the 6GB large europe.osm.bz2 from Geofabrik on Windows XP 32bit. The problem only arises with pbf files. For me the limit was a few nodes earlier (10,600,000 nodes), but that was a few days ago. The processing finishes after about 190 minutes. The programm could not have read the hole 4GB of data at this time.

Greetings
André Joost