Another thing - can you just change over from using minutely to hourly
replication files without re-initializing? I tried that and now it
does not seem to pick up any replication files any more, neither does
osmosis give me an error. Osmosis just runs for about a second and
then exits cleanly, leaving the state file intact. This is with the
replication base URL set to
http://planet.openstreetmap.org/hour-replicate/ and the interval to
7200.

--