On 05/28/2017 03:21 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 05/28/2017 03:01 PM, Pander wrote:
>> I am following instructions from
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/PostGIS_Setup to run a
>> database with an export of a country from Geofabrik.
>>
>> When I run
>>
>>     sudo -u postgres psql -d gis -f
>> /usr/share/doc/osmosis/examples/pgsnapshot_schema_0.6.sql
>>
>> I get this message
>>
>>     psql:/usr/share/doc/osmosis/examples/pgsnapshot_schema_0.6.sql:4:
>> NOTICE:  table "actions" does not exist, skipping
>>
>> Is this a bug which I should report in trac?
>
> No, it's just a notice that the "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS actions;" query
> did not delete the table because it doesn't exist.

Thanks.

>> Also the page offers the command
>>
>>     sudo -u postgres psql -d gis -f
>> /usr/share/doc/osmosis/examples/pgsnapshot_schema_0.6_linestring.sql
>>
>> when I want longstring support, but there is no information on which I
>> should base my decision. Where can I find more information or what is
>> recommended for my goal here?
>
> It all depends on what you want to do with the database. Applying the
> _action, _bbox & _linestring SQL scripts in addition to the basic schema
> gives you more tables and geometry columns for spatial queries which you
> then don't need to construct yourself.

Correct that bbox and linestring are relevant when you are going to
calculate routing? And action when you are makeing changes to the database?

My goal is to have a database which updates daily and I am only going to
run queries on it (no routing) and I am not going to make changes to the
data. So it is correct that none of these extra script are useful in my
case?

Best, Pander