From: Acee Lindem (acee) [mailto:a...@cisco.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 6, 2017 2:55 PM
To: Peter Psenak (ppsenak) <ppse...@cisco.com>; Ketan Talaulikar (ketant)
<ket...@cisco.com>; Shraddha Hegde <shrad...@juniper.net>
Cc: ospf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload-07.txt

Hi Peter, Shradha,

On 7/6/17, 3:30 AM, "OSPF on behalf of Peter Psenak (ppsenak)"
<ospf-boun...@ietf.org on behalf of ppse...@cisco.com> wrote:

>On 06/07/17 05:50 , Ketan Talaulikar (ketant) wrote:
>> Hi Shraddha,
>>
>> Thanks for taking care of some of the comments shared previously.
>>Please find below some more that were probably missed or not taken
>>care of.
>>
>> 1) I see that the use of link-local scope RI LSA has still been
>>retained in this version and not sure why. RI LSA is for node
>>attributes and it's use for signalling of link is not right IMO. Why
>>not use the link-local scope Extended Link LSA instead?
>
>an alternative would be to always flood area scope Extended Link LSA.
>It should not harm anything and could be used by other routers in area
>as a "heads-up" that remote link is becoming overloaded.

I think this would be a good way forward as the OSPF Extended Attribute LSA
will most likely be advertised for SR in OSPF Service Provider domains anyway.
So, just advertising the area-scope for all use cases would seem to be the
simplify this approach and get us past this discussion. In fact, the -00
version of the draft had area-scope alone and I, regretfully, had suggested the
OSPF RI as possible way to get support either scope.

Thanks,
Acee