> To be able to use the route for further processing, it would be also nice,
> if OSRM would return a list of original network link ID's instead of a more
> or less simplified route geometry and a few via points.
>

> Yes, we throw these IDs away. As a workaround you can adapt the LUA based
> profile to use the way ID instead of the road name and take it from there.

Does OSRM return all ID's then, since they will be different for every road
segment?
I mainly have road networks, where street have no names. Then the driving
directions of OSRM are not so useful, and using ID's would be interesting.

> This is not an issue for distance matrices, where you only need to total
> distance or cost, but too much generalized routes was the reason, why I
> couldn't make use of OSRM once. And especially if the OSRM routing result
> could be later used again in PostgreSQL/PostGIS, having the original road
> network ID's would be very helpful.
>

> You can control the level of generalization with the zoom level parameter.

Is there a zoom level that does not generalize at all?

Daniel

> So far I couldn't find anything else than this JSON output format:
> https://github.com/DennisOSRM/Project-OSRM/wiki/Output-json
>

> Yep, it is not in there.
>
> —Dennis

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan