Grant Heffernan wrote:
Hi all. Was wondering if anyone has successfully run osrm-prepare on the planet
recently. I’ve successfully set up north-america and other extracts, but the
planet load fails every time, and in a very odd way, which is making tracking
the problem down an issue. More specifically, the host it’s being run on becomes
completely unresponsive (I’m running on EC2) and I’m unable to recover the
instance to track additional details down. I can terminate but not reboot the
instance, which makes me suspect it’s getting starved of resources and the
hypervisor is unable to get it to respond. I’m presently testing on the
following setup:

I've got a local 'British Isle' extract that is working fine, but see the same problem with the local 'planet' mirror. It's running on my own hardware and I just put it down to a lack of memory as it fails when all the physical memory has been used up. Only 8Gb at the moment, waiting for some bigger sticks to plug in.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL