Hi Fernando,

> Thank you Emil and Hans. I didn't know about the biking profile. Even
> though I'm a cyclist as well, I've been using the website mostly for
> car routing, and that's what OSRM is most known for here in Brazil.

No worries, the bike profile evolves so fast (thanks to Emils project
here in Copenhagen), so even though I keep a tap on what's going on
generally, I probably only know half of it :-)

> A while ago, I participated in a debate about making OSM-Carto use a
> different visual style to display roads in "worse than usually
> expected" state. As the debate developed, I made up a surface
> classification system that captures similarities among tags that
> represent "transit effort" (tracktype, smoothness, mtb:scale,
> sac_scale, wheelchair, 4wd_only, and surface) for various modes of
> transportation. I wonder if you'd be interested in something along
> this line, then I would go ahead and propose an official tag for it.

As I am not involved in the development team, you would have to ask
Dennis for that (or Emil I guess).

Cheers,

Greg

Hans Gregers Petersen