On Fri, May 02, 2014 at 11:48:56AM +0200, Emmanuel Bégué wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use foot.lua from cbf-routing-profiles
>     direct link:
> https://github.com/sosm/cbf-routing-profiles/blob/master/foot.lua

That's an old unmaintained one which really should be removed.
Please try one of those two:

https://github.com/sosm/cbf-routing-profiles/blob/master/foot-city.lua
https://github.com/sosm/cbf-routing-profiles/blob/master/foot-hiking.lua

They work fine against OSRM versions 0.3.3 - 0.3.9.

> Then I tried to remove the four first lines "require..." from
> foot.lua, as no require is used in current profiles (and car.lua even
> says in a comment "function temporarily inlined").

Those requires are necessecary. The library files can be
found in lib/ and you need to supply the directory path
to osrm-extract and osrm-prepare, like that:

LUA_PATH="$scriptdir/lib/?.lua" ./osrm-extract <other options>

see https://github.com/sosm/cbf-routing-profiles/blob/master/compile_profiles.sh
for how those profiles are used with OSRM in
osm.ch's production environment.

> Is this syntax documented? Or, how does one write a profile from
> scratch? (Or at least, how does one read a profile?)
>
> (I would be happy to recursively test little modifications to existing
> profiles, but since extract/prepare takes a long time, it doesn't seem
> like a practical solution...)

That's what I did. Use a smaller extract for testing and it
works ok.

Cheers

Sarah