On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 04:14:43PM +0000, Michael Leonard wrote:
> More info....
>
> OSRM is already extremely fast when called using curl http://localhost … -
> however I’m looking to include it an algorithm to generate millions of
> realistic driving routes, and am hoping that the underlying C++ routing
> function might be accessible from the command line directly in some way.
> With a command line function that wraps around OSRM’s routing algorithm, I
> could call this from within R where I’m writing the rest of my code.

I am doing similar things and i am using the http API with geometry
compression turned off. With perl getting the route and geometry and
putting it as an WKT into a postgres on the same machine i observe
 >500 routes/s

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de
     We need to self-defense - GnuPG/PGP enable your email today!