This looks like it is OSRM weirdness, but it might be a data problem:

This is very crazy with lots of weird loops, 12 turns.

http://osrm.at/bYh

But if I add one more position the looping goes away, Granted this changes the exit strategy. but the next route does not.

http://osrm.at/bYi

Even this would be better, it is about the same time but shorter distance and 9 turns compared to the first route.

http://osrm.at/bYj

The looping is what makes this stand out. I thought we had turn penalties (but maybe they are not all that impactful) and that we should get few turns for routes of about the same distance going through similar via points.

-Steve

---