On Thu, 2017-03-16 at 14:21 +0000, Alan Bell wrote:
> Hi all
>
> there is a segment of Oxford Street in London from about the Park
> Street/Portman Street crossing to Regent Street where the turn
> restrictions prevent you from going straight on into it, or turning
> left
> or right from any of the crossing roads.
>
> http://map.project-osrm.org/?z=15&center=51.514218%2C-0.130098&loc=51
> .515313%2C-0.140419&loc=51.514525%2C-0.147876&hl=en&alt=0
>
> so without any one way street issues, this is an area of perfectly
> good
> road from which you can exit but never enter.
>
> I am not entirely sure what the facts on the ground are (it isn't a
> very
> sensible place to be driving) but is there something that can be done
> in
> the profile or by editing the map to avoid that bit of road if it
> has
> actually been pedestrianised or something?
>
> Alan.

Hi Alan
I looks perfectly correct to me, you can access certain sections to
leave side streets. The section you were initially going into is tagged
as motor_vehicle=no, bus=yes, psv=yes.

There is nothing wrong with OSRM in this area.

If you are unsure it would be better to ask on talk-gb where you will
find local mappers who can explain the reasoning for the tagging.

Or try #osm-gb on irc.

Phil (trigpoint)