Hi Dimitri,

OSSEC-HIDS configuration only accepts CIDRs /8 /16 /24 /32.

Please see Rafael Capovilla's solution.
(http://www.ossec.net/ossec-list/2006-August/msg00063.html)

I think Meir Michanie will correct this issue soon.

Since you have only two agent boxes, you may define them
seperately in config file like:
<white_list>192.168.100.xx/32</white_list>
<white_list>192.168.100.yyy/32</white_list>

Regards,

Ahmet Ozturk.

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
Hello list members.

In order to use various tools on my OSSEC-HIDS server and agent boxes, I've whitelisted my two desktop boxes - WinXP and SimplyMepis Linux.
From the Linux desktop, using cli ssh and sftp tools, I have no
trouble getting into the OSSEC-HIDS server or agents. From the Windows desktop, however, I keep getting added to hosts.deny when using either Putty (ssh) or WinSCP3 (sftp). I then have to remove the entry fr the WinXP desktop from hosts.deny and restart the OSSEC-HIDS server (merely removing the entry from hosts.deny doesn't work). I have, as per instruction, added a separate entry in ossec.conf for each LAN address I want to whitelist. Is this a possible bug, or am I doing something wrong?

I tried whitelisting my entire LAN by adding <white_list>192.168.100.0/22</white_list>, but that didn't seem to work. If this isn't something I'm doing wrong, might I suggest adding this ability in a future release?

Regards,

Dimitri