I don't know if there is a way to do this universally but I think you
can always add a per rule change in the local_rules.xml file.  Take the
logon failure as an example:

Original Rule:

  <rule id="2501" level="5">
    <match>FAILED LOGIN |authentication failure|</match>
    <match>Authentication failed for|invalid password for|</match>
    <match>LOGIN FAILURE|auth failure: |authentication error|</match>
    <match>authinternal failed|Failed to authorize|</match>
    <match>Wrong password given for|login failed|Auth: Login
incorrect</match>
    <group>authentication_failed,</group>
    <description>User authentication failure.</description>
  </rule>

Modified rule containing the host and higher level

  <rule id="2501" level="10">
    <match>FAILED LOGIN |authentication failure|</match>
    <match>Authentication failed for|invalid password for|</match>
    <match>LOGIN FAILURE|auth failure: |authentication error|</match>
    <match>authinternal failed|Failed to authorize|</match>
    <match>Wrong password given for|login failed|Auth: Login
incorrect</match>
    <hostname>some_host_here</hostname>
    <group>authentication_failed,</group>
    <description>User authentication failure.</description>
  </rule>

I could be wrong about this as I've only been using OSSEC for 2 weeks
now, but if I'm interpreting the manual correctly it should work.

Jimi