With that many systems you going to need lots of disk space and a fast
raid array if your going to do Mysql unless you do database
partitioning with compression. I took a different approach and did
everything text, disabled the compression in the
internal_options.conf, compiled the lzma tools, ran scripts to
compress all the logs using maximum compression, configured ossec to
email the alerts to an account on the server, then used scripts to
gzip compress the alerts so that dovecot would display them when I
IMAP to the system.

I have about 81 Domain Controllers, 45 Workstations/servers, and 70
Linux Systems using 37GB for 7 months of the alert.log events. The
emailed alerts are about 12MB compressed a day so for 2 months use
about 371MB.

Brett