It looks like OSSEC does not detect new log files.
I’m currently monitoring a few different syslog-ng log feeds. Logfiles
are only created when there is log data. I’m currently creating log
files using the “week number” such as /var/log/remote/”IP address”/
logfile-“weeknumber”.log. Every Monday new log files are automatically
created by syslog-ng. Resulting in directories such as this.
Logfile-49.log
Logfile-50.log
Logfile-51.log

OSSEC is set to monitor <location>/var/log/remote/*/*.log</location>.
When OSSEC starts, it will start monitor all existing files in the
correct path. However, as new files are created, OSSEC does not detect
the new log files. So far the only work around I’ve found is to
restart ossec. However, as I intend to monitor a huge amount of
servers, ossec would probably have to be restarted every few hours and
that is not a workable solution.

Does anyone know if it is possible to make ossec detect new log files
in the directories it is suppose to monitor?

Best Regards
Martin