Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response.  We're running OSSEC 2.3 on CentOS 5.4.
Nothing unusual in ossec.conf or local_rules.xml (I sent you a direct
email with a copy of my local rules).  We have 33 agents total (24
Windows, 9 Linux).  All agents are running 2.3 as well.  ossec-logtest
is exhibiting the same behavior; would it be affected by agents?  Is
there any additional logging that I can enable to determine what is
taking so much time and CPU?

Thanks,
Doug Burks