Hi Daniel,

Firstly - OSSEC HIDS!! Fantastic!!

- I am trying customize my system so that I can have OSSEC write alert
log files every 5mins for example - as I ultimately want to send the
last 5 mins of alert data to another system without losing any alert
data in the process.
As I know at present the alerts are written to the alert.log for a
period of a day before a new file is created for the next day - I want
to increase this process so that new files are made every five
minutes...

Do you know if this has already been done? I have looked in many
places and I have not seen anyone as yet who has this type of logging
in their set up.

Any help or knowledge shared on this would be a great help!

Regards,
Nathan.