Hi list,

I've been reading off and on and I haven't seen any more discussion on this
issue.  In a nutshell, has anything been done or planned to address these two
issues:

1. Resiliency in the agent to never give up in attempts to deliver messages to
the server
2. Resiliency in the network layer (whether through some kind of UDP ACK or
switching to TCP) to avoid loss of alerts due to packet loss

I am able confirm through inspection of local log files vs alerts logged on the
OSSEC server side that messages that should be getting through are not arriving
when the network is congested.  This results in some important alerts being
missed, which in my opinion compromises OSSEC's position as a solution for
compliance.

Chris Kolb
Manager of Information Security
GDSX, Ltd.
Phone: 972-612-7121
Fax: 972-612-7021

Come see us this summer at NBTA in Houston  August 8 - 11! Booth #1277

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail contains information that is
confidential.  It is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity
to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the named recipient, disclosure or
distribution of the information transmitted herewith is strictly prohibited and
may be subject to legal restriction or sanction.  Please notify the sender, by
return e-mail or telephone, of any unintended recipients and delete the
original message without making any copies.