From: ossec-list@googlegroups.com [mailto:ossec-l...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Griffith, Robert
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:14 AM
To: 'ossec-list@googlegroups.com'
Subject: [ossec-list] All UNIX/LINUX agents disconnecting and failing to
reconnect

  We continue to observe the Ossec Client disconnects to our Ossec Master
Server over the network.  We started receiving these disconnects again on
Wednesday July 7th 2010.  The clients disconnected daily and failed to
reconnect for hours (some clients took days or never reconnected again).  This
issue was also observed in May on 5/10/2010.  That issue lasted for two weeks
and then suddenly stopped without any Ossec configuration changes.

  We implemented the fix you provided below after we encountered the issue
again on Wednesday July 7th 2010.  We cleaned the "rids" directory and disabled
the counters on both the Ossec Master Server and all UNIX/Linux Clients (set
verify_msg_id to 0 on the internal_options.conf).  The "fix" you provided
cleared the issue for 5 days and then the Client disconnect issue re-emerged.
We re-applied the "fix" again without success.

  We are again experiencing disconnects and failed re-connects on all
UNIX/LINUX Ossec agents.

FYI: We are using Ossec Version 2.4.  Counters are disabled.

Thank you,
Robert