Hi Mike,

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Mike Smith <ranger....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know how i can get ossec to alert me any time a find with
> the extention of .asp is placed with the c:\inetoub directory running
> windows server 2003.
>
> <directories check_all="yes">c:\inetpub/*.asp</directories> or how do you do
> it with a file ext like .asp can you do *.asp or ,asp$

New topic, new thread. Don't re-use threads. ;)

Anyhow, your directories statement won't work. There isn't much
globbing support in OSSEC.

Your best option might be turning on the alert on new files option,
and creating a rule to alert on asp files in inetpub. Something like:

<rule id="100000" level="10">
  <if_sid>554</if_sid>
  <match>c:\inetpub</match>
  <regex>inetpub/\.+.asp</regex>
  <description>New asp file</description>
</rule>

I haven't tested this at all, so I don't know if it's exactly right.
You may have to make adjustments.

> Also, what frequency can I set, can you set it to 1 min / 60 secs, or is
> there a better way using the realtime option.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

http://www.ossec.net/doc/syntax/head_ossec_config.syscheck.html
You can set the frequency to whatever you want (in seconds). If you
have syscheck checking a lot of directories, it may not finish in 60
seconds though. The realtime option may be best on the platforms that
support it.