I made sure I was modifying a logfile that is being monitored.

> make sure the rule works reduce the 6 hr syscheck thing...get
> it to run right after u edit the file..

I'll give this a try, but assuming the rule does work (it's one of the
rules that ships with OSSEC, after all), how do I make sure log
tampering will be detected no matter what? The OSSEC book says the time
between syschecks has a minimum frequency of an hour, and I can't
exactly ask crackers to only tamper with my logs X minutes after the top
of the hour.