This looks an oversight that is a potential problem on a lot of the
rules in msauth_rules.xml.   The event log ID's can be 5 digits (they
go up to 65535) and so any id in the rule set that's less than 5
digits should have both the ^ and the $, as you indicate.  There might
not be a 52901 yet but there may be some day.