I would be dumping all my alerts to a database and then use a tool - -
I use LogZilla (www.logzilla.pro) for this. I even worked with Clayton
to help come up with an OSSEC Module for Logzilla, so the alerts are
properly formatted as they go into the database..

cheers
Kat

PS - yes, I use LogZilla for about 1500 systems running OSSEC.