On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:49 PM, James M Pulver <jmp...@cornell.edu> wrote:
> I'm actually looking at using logstash (I prefer FLOSS software to ones where
> I have to pay per data and hosts), but writing the parser will require some
> work.

I was going to start looking into that. How you started with a parser
or anything yet?
I think having a parser work around the format of the ossec syslog
messages is the way to go. I don't want my manager to "spoof" syslog
messages to make them look like they're coming from agent1 instead.
This just seems wrong to me.