I had a rule in my config for level 6. I also tried to add a rules_id. No luck.

I'm not trying to disable the root account. I'm trying to disable the
account of the attacker. Let's say the user "Mickey" tries to su to
root. If that user types the correct password they will get in. If
they type the wrong password they should be kicked off.

I'm assuming the disable-account command does this. I haven't been
able to get it working though.