We had to do that also, since we found it difficult to make sure
machines were communicating correctly. Like the server looking for
ossec agent errors in its own log, and also when an agent fails to
look at a log file it's supposed to, we would trigger an agent restart
command (agent_control) from the server so that the agent would see
the new log (for log rollovers).