Very nice, that is about the size I am looking at.

Plan so far is a physical OSSEC in each data center taking in feeds from
about 2-4K hosts per DC. (5 DC's)

Each of the OSSEC servers would then send the results to Splunk via a local
splunk agent and then I'll use the splunk app for OSSEC or write some
custom dashboards/alerts.

Trying to see how this can fit in with OSSIM also which I am looking at.

Nice to know someone else is planning/running a large install, havent seen
many documented anywhere.

Zate