I second this.  At our company, we started out using OSSEC and now are
moving to OSSIM to get the web GUI and reporting.  OSSIM integrates with
OSSEC very well and all the work we put into creating rules and decoders
for OSSEC can be reused without any change.

The only thing is the current version of OSSIM is still on OSSEC version
2.5.1.