I'm investigating this problem with Syngress (publisher) but I'm hoping a
person in our OSSEC group experienced the same problem and knows where to
get an electronic copy of the book to compliment the hard copy I use to
troubleshoot/manage my OSSEC HIDS deployment. When I attain a legitimate
copy of the free e-Book from the publisher (or whom the publisher
designated to distribute e-Books to those who've purchased a hard copy), I
will post a link here. I've read that you have to enter a unique code found
in the book to acquire your soft copy, so there are no copyright
infringements to get an e-Book as an owner of a hard copy. This is just an
offer that comes with the OSSEC HIDS book as stated on the cover. Thanks.