I've found a number of references to this error message, none of them seem
to be helping me though.

I've recently setup an ossec manager, with four agents. Ossec 2.6, Fedora
15 on the manager, and the four agents are all CentOS 6.

I added all of the agents by generating keys, restarting ossec on the
manager, and then importing the keys on each agent individually.

On one of the agents, I messed up its IP address on the manager when i
generated its key.  So i deleted that key, and generated a new one, with a
new id, and imported that key on the agent.  It joined the master, and all
appeared well.

That agent keeps generating the following error in my ossec.log on the
master however.

2012/08/08 18:40:57 ossec-remoted(1403): ERROR: Incorrectly formated
message from 'ip of agent'.

I've gone as far as to remove the agent's key on the master, completely
remove ossec on the agent, generate a new key on the master, even with a
new agent name, reinstall ossec on the agent, and import the new key, it
still generates these errors.

Every report of this error i've found has been related to keys, which is
why i've focused on the keys up until now. However after my last step
(removing and reinstalling ossec ont he agent), i cant see how it could
still be the key, unless something isnt clearing on the master.

What can i try next?