Hi Adriel

Gotcha, sorry didn't phrase the question right, but you answered it right.

Have you been able to turn on debug mode to see if you can see anything there? Anything that would help understand the failed comm attempts?

Thanks

Adriel Desautels <mailto:ad_li...@netragard.com>
August 16, 2012 6:43 PM
So, the server (10.5.4.1) is a pfsense firewall. It is sending all of its syslog data to the OSSEC server on UDP 514. Every time the OSSEC server receives a syslog message it generates the error "2012/08/16 21:41:03 ossec-remoted(1213): WARN: Message from 10.5.4.1 not allowed."

So, yes pfsense is sending on UDP 514 and is being received by UDP 514 on the OSSEC box. So based on the error I don't think its a network issue, but an OSSEC issue.

Help?