2012/9/24 dan (ddp) <ddp...@gmail.com>

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 2:41 AM, Michiel van Es <vanesmich...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are using OSSEC for a PoC and we want to show only some alerts
> initially
> > and expand the alert list.
> > We are using OSSEC 2.6 mixed Windows and Linux agents.
> > 1 Manager and several agents and Splunk on the manager server to show the
> > alerts.
> >
> > For now we want to achieve to show only failed and successful logins and
> > file integrity alerts.
> > How can we achieve this? => manually going through all rules/xml files
> and
> > set accordingly all xml entries to 0 or anything else? (0 meaning
> disabled
> > and dont show) or is there an easier way of achieving this?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Michiel
>
> >>You can remove entire rules files if you don't want to use them. Just
> >>test your changes (/var/ossec/bin/ossec-logtest -t) after you do this
> >>to make sure you didn't get rid of something necessary.

Would you suggest creating specific rules in xml files with the correct
alerts and move/disable all others and start from there?
This has to be done on the manager /var/ossec/rules and use these rules in
/var/ossec/etc/ossec-server.conf , correct?
After that a restart of ossec-hids ?

Thanks for the help

Michiel