> Is it possible you forgot the "timeout" in the server's ossec.conf
> entry? I get the same errors when I don't have a timeout configured.

Really not. I just copy-paste my config in my post.
As you can see, timeout value is defined.

And even more strange here. Until my experiments error went away when I
comment out part of "rules" section (some includes, but I'm sure that
includes have a correct syntax), and return again after some changes in
configs. I didn't found relations.
Look like some incorrect code in localconfig.c (IMHO), but need a deep
debug, for which I haven't time enough, unfortunately :( May be later.