This may help in building rules to monitor. Also the Event IDs change based on
OS Version (Vista+)

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ericfitz/archive/2006/03/07/545726.aspx

Events 560, 562, 563, 564, 567, and each of those adding 4096 for Vista+ are
all relevant, and not currently within ossec rule sets.

This depends on having Windows Auditing set to audit object access, which is
difficult to make sure works according to plan, see this:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2011/03/11/getting-the-effective-audit-policy-in-windows-7-and-2008-r2.aspx

I know this info is Windows 7 and 2008 based, but the concepts are the same,
Windows has evolved, and with Domain, Local and auditpol.exe access to Policy
settings, that all have different refresh times and overrides, this can get
clustered quickly.

Net result is auditpol.exe /get /category:* is the best resource for actual up
to the minute Audit Policy settings, but this will change if you have competing
polices!