with the new "Hybrid" feature, why would you want to deploy 10000 to a
single manager? As someone who has had 3000-4000 dedicated to single
managers, I would strongly suggest a tiered approach. It just makes more
sense. Yes, you would have to wait for 2.7 to finish the beta cycle, but to
me, I would think this is the way to go.

10000 on a manager trying to maintain all the connections - just think of
the load on the NIC(s) and the biggest problem being that the analysisd
process is single threaded, so you are pumping all that data through one
engine.

I will say that yes, others are correct - management through a
configuration system such as puppet or cfengine is the only way to go, and
not trying to use the agent management directly within OSSEC.

Just my 2 cents
Kat