On 27.11.2012 06:02, Michiel van Es wrote:
Hi,

We want to check for hardening and one of our Windows hardening rules
is to rename the Administrator account and create a decoy
Administrator account, not part of any group and disabled.
One of the things we want to check is to see if the Administrator
account is enabled on Windows machines.

Is there a check of simple script how I can establish this on the
Windows machines?

This command can be run with OSSEC, but I agree with others, there are better ways to do this (OpenVAS, etc).

net user account_name | find "Account active               Yes"