If I am reading your problem - you are saying "ossec.conf" on the AGENT is
not being overwritten -- if this is correct - then yes, it is not - it
won't. Only agent.conf gets pushed to the agents. ossec.conf is set
manually on agents, so if you expect it to get changes - you need to use
puppet or some other method.

cheers