On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Greg Ramos <brownw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did the make all in the src directory without any errors, but the bin
> directory is pretty empty:
>
> ls -larth /var/ossec/bin
> total 30
> -r-xr-x---   1 root     ossec       4.3K Jan 26 01:46 util.sh
> -r-xr-x---   1 root     ossec       7.4K Jan 26 01:46 ossec-control
> dr-xr-x---  14 root     ossec        512 Jan 30 10:18 ..
> dr-xr-x---   2 root     ossec        512 Jan 30 10:18 .

I don't think make all installs anything, just builds the binaries.

> If I do any other make I get this error:
>
>  make server
> cp: cannot access ../bin/ossec*
> cp: cannot access ../bin/manage_agents
> cp: cannot access ../bin/syscheck_update
> cp: cannot access ../bin/verify-agent-conf
> cp: cannot access ../bin/clear_stats
> cp: cannot access ../bin/list_agents
> cp: cannot access ../bin/agent_control
> cp: cannot access ../bin/syscheck_control
> cp: cannot access ../bin/rootcheck_control

I'm guessing those files don't exist?

You're probably best off finding out what common thing the Solaris
/bin/sh can't handle, or install a shell that handles shell code, like
bash.

It's possible that changing:
if [ "`isUpdate`" = "${TRUE}" -a "x${USER_CLEANINSTALL}" = "x" ]; then

if [ "`isUpdate`" = "${TRUE}" -a x"${USER_CLEANINSTALL}" = "x" ]; then

might make a difference.  I'm not sure why it should matter, but every
other system handles install.sh fine (except for maybe crippled
Linuxes running dash).