Hi

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM, dan (ddp) <ddp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Iqbal Aroussi <iq...@aroussi.ca> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm a little bit lost, I have a central OSSEC Server and several agents
> > (Linux, Windows)
> > I want to monitor a specific exe file in Windows machines just the
> > executable not all the files in the directory. there is no registry keys
> for
> > this application.
> >
> > My second question that really confuses me, is that on the agents the
>
> What's the first qustion?

Sorry, my first question is that I want to monitor a specific app.exe file
in Windows machines just the executable not all the files in the directory.
there is no registry keys for this application.

> > ossec.conf file contains some redundant option that are already on the
> > central OSSEC Server like
> >  <frequency>300</frequency>
>
> That is incredibly generic. Can you provide some context?

In OSSEC Server ossec.conf I have :

 <syscheck>
    <!-- Frequency that syscheck is executed - default to every 22 hours -->
    <frequency>300</frequency>
  </syscheck>

and in the Windows OSSEC Agent ossec.conf I have

<syscheck>

    <!-- Default frequency, every 20 hours. It doesn't need to be higher
      -  on most systems and one a day should be enough.
      -->
    <frequency>72000</frequency>
 </syscheck>

I want to know which value is going to be applied to the agent.

>  > what takes precedence in this case the value on agent or server config ?
> >

> The OSSEC server's ossec.conf has very little control over the agents.
> A lot of the settings in there are for the agent-like processes
> running on the server (it monitors itself).

Does this mean, to monitor files a directories I have to modify the Agents
ossec.conf files not OSSEC Server's ?