Hello,

I am using OSSEC in a server config with no actual agents. I am having
Snare logs from my Windows servers sent to /var/log/remotesys.log and
having OSSEC monitor that file to trip alerts. This works for the most part
but I'm having a few issues. The main issue is on rules such as 40112 -
Multiple authentication failures followed by a success. This works fine
when I test it with local SSH on the box as the "Src IP" is parsed out and
shown correctly when I'm reviewing the logs in OSSEC-wui. But on the
Windows box, it isn't showing a Src IP section. I see Level, Rule ID,
Location (server1's DNS name -> /var/log/remotesys.log), and user
(192.168.10.10\administrator). I would think it could trip the "from same
IP" correlation that rule 40112 needs from the location or first part of
the user field, but it isn't working. Once I remove the from same IP part
of the rule I can get it to trip on Windows events too. But I have to have
that part since I will have hundreds of Windows servers sending logs to the
same location.

Thanks for the help.
Eric